MASIT - Macedonian Chamber of Information and Communication Technologies is a volunteer, non-profit chamber of commerce.
The chamber was founded in 2000 as an initiative of the top fifteen Macedonian IT companies and was operating as an Association within the Economic Chamber of Macedonia. In April 2007, on the Annual Assembly of MASIT, the legal transformation of MASIT from Association to Chamber of commerce was agreed.
Today, MASIT is the voice of the Macedonian ICT industry. The chamber represents companies of the ICT sector in Macedonia including: software and IT services companies, hardware companies and distributors, carrier and other telecom companies, as well as training providers and ICT consulting companies.
MASIT is the voice and a key resource of a competitive ICT sector. It supports the innovation-driven economy and contributes to the nation’s prosperity.
The following goals have been established to achieve MASIT’s mission and vision, as well as to satisfy the needs and interests to retain and expand membership.
- Public dialog – to strengthen MASIT recognition and role in the development of ICT related Legislation, Policy and Market regulation through protecting and representing the interests of the ICT business community.
- Competitiveness – to increase the competitiveness of the members through capacity building, fostering innovation, lifelong learning as well as certification of companies and qualification of human resources.
- Collaboration and Networking – to support the collaboration and networking of the ICT companies domestically, regionally and internationally through events, projects, partnerships and competition awards. To build and enhance MASIT network with recognized organizations in order to improve Macedonian ICT industry brand, recognition, image and reputation.
- Export capacities – to support the exports through improving the export promotion policies; international branding and position; promoting clusters and collaboration; strengthening export capabilities and knowledge; fostering quality and company excellence with ultimate goal to establish Macedonia as a well-recognized brand for specialized, high quality outsourcing services and software products.
- Sustainability – to enhance its own work in order to become self – sustainable organization; as well as establish itself as a recognized and professional organization through innovative, effective and efficient management and leadership.
For more information about MASIT please visit www.masit.org.mk .